Montessori Nursery / Pre-K
3 to 4 years old
Montessori Nursery / Montessori Pre-K Program
Children thrive in the Nursery Program at Centre Square Montessori Schoolhouse
- An orderly classroom with individual activities promotes grace and courtesy.
- Three year old children have an innate sense of order.
- They prefer independent activities but enjoy being with other children in a secure environment.
- We provide a secure environment that provides children in this age group with a structured but independent learning experience.
- This environment is proven to cultivate concentration and problem solving.
- It is also a building block for teamwork
The three and four year old Nursery classrooms have five important areas.
- Practical Life Experiences
- The children learn to master buttons, zippers, snaps and tying with dressing frames. They learn control by pouring, tweezing, scooping, spooning, sponging, polishing and food preparation.
- The children work with nuts and bolts and small tools.
- Sensorial Experiences
- Beautiful materials help refine their visual, tactile, listening and taste
- Numerical Concepts
- Sandpaper numerals used with red and blue counting rods teach math concepts in a clear and enticing way.
- We start with various materials that are grouped in ways that teach the decimal system
- These include unit beads, ten bars, hundred squares and thousand cubes. Every child learns as an individual at his or her own pace.
- Language Concepts
- Many of our children learn to read at an early age using sandpaper letters.
- Oral reading skills develop as we match sounds with those letters using the phonetic approach.
- Cultural Awareness
- Classroom aids are used to explore geography, history, biology, zoology and other sciences.
– Dr. Maria Montessori
I enjoy coming to school each day to see the excitement and enthusiasm of the children learning new concepts. It is wonderful to see the sense of pride on their faces as they master new materials. It is my responsibility to foster their love of learning and to challenge each child’s creativity and learning.
Ms. Barbara – Blue Room Teacher
“We are happy to see each child grow in his or her own individuality and become more independent. We make use of our well-equipped Montessori classroom materials to help build the children’s curiosity as well as establish a more concrete understanding and in-depth knowledge of various concepts.”
Ms. Jency – Red Room Teacher
I like to create an environment where the children can gain as much independence as possible. Self-directed activity is a hallmark of the Montessori approach, and it is an important part of the Purple Room. From working with different materials that heighten their senses to experiencing the thrill of exploration and experimentation, children learn to respect and appreciate themselves, one another, and the world around them. I love seeing my students grow every day through the unique opportunities afforded by the Montessori philosophy, and enjoy creating a loving and nurturing classroom environment where they can flourish.
Ms. Subhi – Purple Room Teacher
We strive to create a joyful learning experience for the children. Each child learns at his or her own pace, while also learning to be a part of a community. We marvel at what the children learn each day in the yellow room.
Ms. Caroline – Yellow Room TeacherThe best way to find out about our program is to schedule an appointment. We are always here to answer you questions, Contact Us Today!